I don’t like to fail, but it happens. Luckily it tends to happen on the Internet more so than anywhere else. You see in real life there’s enough pressure from every which way imaginable, and that keeps me in check.
On the Internet, there’s just you. And I don’t know you.
As a result of not knowing you, I let 3 things overcome me:
- I’m not consistent. I haven’t previously put blogging high up in my to-do list, and that’s not something most aspiring bloggers will admit to. The root was actually lack of objective (cause), not inconsistency (effect).
- There’s no longevity. Either I get sidetracked by the next big thing, or the servers go down. I’ve let my curiosity get the best of me, instead of channeling it through the blog as a hub.
- It gets complicated. I’ve tended to overthink the approach instead of follow the golden rules. I focus on impressing you, instead of on impressing myself. Simplicity wasn’t king.
This time it’s going to be different. This time I’ve come prepared. This time I’m going to get to know you. This time:
- I have precedent. I built a SMB IT professional community blog in the last 4 months that’s winning in the face of #1-3 above.
- I started with the right tools. No excuses, no limitations.
- I wore my geek shirt as I wrote this.
Take a moment to get to know me and give me a chance to do the same.